1). Features in ESG / EPG:
§ Define program categories.
§ Populate and provide program guide (details on the Program Info page, channel panel, and browse panel, Program next occurrence, etc.)
- Number of views of the EPG global per period of time
- Number of views of the EPG channel per period of time
- Number of views of the EPG program per period of time
§ Contains the program and scheduling information for a specific time period such as the next 7-14 days of programming
§ Channel management:
- List of channels
- Channel TV viewing
- Channel Program : Ability for the user to display the EPG for one given channel
- Channel / Program zapping
§ Account management
§ Interactivity management
§ Viewing experience management
- Volume set up
- Play / Pause / Stop
- Full screen
§ Should contain only information that is relevant to that particular period of time; No scheduling gaps
§ Channel navigation: Mini-menu, Full EPG list, or Subscribed Channels or List where EPG listings can be localized
§ Contains multiple localization entries for each element
§ Definition and Function of pressing the Key Pad:
§ EPG with Preview future programs
- Displaying weekly (or daily) schedules of IPTV multicast channels. Note that the channels accessible on the weekly channel are defined by the end-user access rights.
§ Previewing particular programs and personalizing TV viewing.
§ Search by program title and roles - Allowing subscribers to find or search programs with a particular or classified theme on a specified time or date.
§ When changing the channels, the global EPG shall automatically change. And the channel change must automatically re-trigger the generation of the global EPG video clip.
§ When changing the playlist’s channels, the EPG shall automatically change. And the channel change must automatically re-trigger the generation of the EPG video clip.
§ The key functionality of ESG Manager is to filter content based on user preferences and context.
§ Schedule series recordings.
§ Automatic video recording.
§ Live program recording rights handling (given in the EPG)
- EPG in the past for 7 days with live programs recorded
- EPG in the past (7 days) that gives access to recorded programs
§ Advertising in ESG/EPG with new programs or promotional information
§ EPG grabber for external channels
§ Cost of the program in the EPG (if need extra payment)
§ EPG price and ratings indications - Assign ratings to programs.
§ Parental Control - Restricting access to TV channels that are deemed inappropriate.
§ Distribution rights handling (given in the EPG)
§ ESG and Programs are different based on user location
§ Content meta-data editor
- a tool to edit the meta-data associated to a media
- select a media file in all supported input formats
- select one image to represent the content within EPG/catalog
- preview of the content in a specific window
- save the meta-data in the xml file
- open an existing meta-data file in order to edit parameters.
§ Controlling disk storage devices in IP set-top boxes.
§ EPG Synchronization
§ Set Alerts on Home EPG
- Reminding viewers when a selected or pre-subscried program (or a program covering a selected topic) is about to be shown.
- Alerting subscribers about the arrival of new e-mail.
§ Reporting: may contain the following information (MSISDN or Id, event, channelIn, channelOut, clipTeasingZapping, date, time, EPG views, interactive service trigger, etc.)
2). Popular Interactive IPTV Applications
§ Video On-Demand
§ IPTV Web browsing
§ IPTV E-mail
§ Digital video recording
§ Walled Garden Portal
§ IPTV Instant Messaging (IM)
§ On-screen caller ID
§ Targeted interactive TV advertising
§ Gaming On Demand
§ Parental Control
§ IP based emergency alert systems
§ IPTV program related interaction