1). MMC Overview – Functions and Features
IMS Multimedia Conferencing can:
- Offer Audio processing capabilities (such as IVR, Announcements/Music, Audio/Web/Video Conferencing, Recording, Transcoding, Audio Speech Recognition, Text-To-Speech, and Fax, etc.).
- Provide Video processing capabilities (such as presenter only, or multiple-parties, etc.)
- Offer Web Collaboration with white-board, attach file, file sharing, application sharing – excel, word, power point, painter, desktop sharing, authorize for editing, etc.
- Set up and manage all of their conferencing requirements (1. Ad hoc - access code required; 2. Reservation-less; 3. Scheduled; 4. Periodic conference) with providing different access codes for Leader or Participants
- Control the meeting - choice of media (audio-only, audio/Web, video/audio/Web, collaboration),
- Provide the different modes, roles and rights of the users (Leaderless (un-mute for all), Leader, Listen-only (mute for all participants), Presenter (control to mute or un-mute), Secretary/Assistant as a delegation, Enterprise Telecomm Manager, etc.)
- Record a conference and offer playback to audiences via telephone or Web
- Voting (open & closed question and voting queues, preview questions, select/reject questions, review voting results)
- Private communication (text chat via IM - conversations between identified parties)
- Integrate with Phone Book / Contact List / Presence Server / Instant Messaging, etc.
- Provide or interconnect with Media Server and Video MCU, etc.
- Provide VxML Server and Portal functions for offering IVR via defining the VxML scripts (like Music on hold, Recorded announcements, welcome message, voting IVR, etc.)
- Interconnect with notification server for providing conferencing notification (e.g., conference invitation, capacity limitation, etc.)
- Generate the charging CDR assigned to different charged parties and accounts
- Offer the multiple video layouts for displaying multiple participants and provide layout control capability
- Support multiple audio / video codec and formats, resolutions with bandwidths
- Support multiple clients, devices, terminals or mobile phones from different networks for joining the conferencing together
- Afford the same level of administrative and participant convenience, flexibility, and control offered by physical on-site meetings; creating a significant revenue opportunity for service providers across a broad range of business sectors.
- Other optional features: System Auto dial out, Call Park/Retrieve, Roll call, Language options, Remote access, Conference size & resource (ports) reserved & extended, display all participants, display participant’s name under its video screen (e.g., QCIF size), Inform when callers joining or leaving conference, Web-GUI, multiple devices or clients, integration with Email / Outlook / Calendar, Call log & report, or integrate with convergent-VPN, etc.
2). MMC Architecture with functional Entity: